Sunday 18 December 2011

Another Quote About Reading

   "But for a moment... for a brief... moment.... I didn't know. And the wind carried me up and took me along for a ride. And I forgot. I forgot my own story... and I flew... flew on the wings of someone else's." (Morris Paynch, 7 Stories 100)

   This quote was one I heard in the production of 7 Stories this fall. The character is talking more about his life, and how if you just believe in yourself you can do anything, but I thought it could also apply to reading. If an author has written a book really well you can forget yourself and just get lost in the story. Then when you try to come back to the real world you feel kind of dazed and out of focus, because you've become so wrapped up in someone else's story that you've forgotten how to be a part of your own. Sometimes it takes a while to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment